I love the foaming soaps but find them a little expensive.
Here's my alternative.
Why not make your own?
Don't throw away the old bottle - reduce, reuse, recycle....
Here's my before
after a little of this
a little of that
few purchased stickers later
I have my homemade foaming soap and "new" dispenser.
I am sure those of you who own a Circuit or Silhouette could get much
more creative with the design.
Unfortunately, I don't own a Silhouette (yet) so I just purchased the sheet of lettering
This was a really easy project.
I washed out the bottle, peeled the label off as much as I could and used Goof Off to then remove any residue left from the label.
I then replaced the label with the lettering.
The only tricky part was getting the ratio of water to soap right. You don't want too much soap or it will clog the pump and won't foam. If you put in too little soap it will be too thin and watery.
I found if I fill the bottle about 1/4 full of soap and the rest water it seemed to work the best.
Actually, I just met Terri a few weeks ago myself.
We first met when she wrote me a sweet e-mail to say how I had inspired her to brush up on her sewing skills. My mom would be so proud!
Terri describes herself as an "artsy fartsy" type of person. Calls herself "Jack of all trades, master at none", lol. Her latest passion is cookie decorating and told me she was in the process of starting a cookie blog.
Well, who doesn't like cookies?
She now has her cookie blog up and running. It's called Fresh Cut Flours. Don't you just love that name?
And just look at these cookies....
Aren't they adorable?
(Of course, I'm a little partial to the ladybugs)
Terri even shares her favorite cookie recipe.
She has so inspired me to try my hand at cookie decorating.
I am hoping to pick up a few tips as a follower of
Here's a really easy casserole and you don't even have to cook the macaroni first.
I usually cook enough boneless chicken breasts in my pressure cooker for several meals and freeze it so I always have cooked, shredded or cubed chicken ready when I need it.
Next time you cook chicken for a recipe, keep this in mind and make a little extra.
Ok... here it goes...
Chicken (I prefer mine shredded) and a can of mixed veggies - any brand
7 ounce UNCOOKED macaroni
Now, just dump in the UNCOOKED macaroni, cream of celery soup, cheese and water
Mix it all up.
(Looking pretty gross about now?)
Dump it all into a casserole dish
Cover tightly with foil and leave it in the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.
The next day - take it out of fridge, stir it around a little, add the topping and bake.
That's all there is to it!
OVERNIGHT CHICKEN BAKE CASSEROLE
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken
1 can mixed veggies (sometimes I just throw in leftover corn, green beans, carrots etc, whatever I have in the fridge)
1 (7oz) pkg uncooked macaroni
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup (or chicken if you don't like celery)
2 cups water
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tbsps melted butter
Casserole: In large bowl, combine all ingredients: mix well. Pour into ungreased baking dish. Cover tightly; refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
Topping: In small bowl mix ingredients well. Stir the casserole, then add topping.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until bubbly.
I just make it the night before, it sits in the fridge all day till dinner time. I even mix up the topping and put it in the fridge the night before just to make it even quicker. Stir it, sprinkle the topping on and pop it in the oven.
Toss it in the oven when you walk in the door from work. By the time you change clothes, throw a load of laundry in, get a cup of coffee and read a couple pages in your latest novel, it will be done ! Yummy. And, you didn't even have to dirty another pan to cook those macaroni noodles. Yay !
Some people nap when it's rainy outside, I sew.
I needed a trash bag for my car and decided to experiment.
(Of course, Mr. Fisherman had to have one too...)
I made these out of trigger and lined them with a fusible stabilizer to give them some stiffness.
They are made in two pieces; the back piece is cut 7x14, the front 9x14.
The extra 2 inches gave me room to make two pleats in the front. I thought by doing a couple of pleats on the front piece (instead of squaring the bottom off like a tote) it would lay flat in the back and the front would gap open to
easily toss trash into it.
Yippee! It actually worked. No boning needed to hold the top open.