Thursday, July 10, 2014

~ Stash busting ~


Well, sort of...
Well, it started out that way...
Really.
 I started going through some of my smaller scraps and decided I could make a few simple placemats or table runners and reduce a good amount of my fabric stash. I've been wanting to experiment with the "quilt as you go" method, so I thought table runners or placemats would be a good start.
Not only would I be reducing my stash but learning a new quilting technique.
It's a win - win!
As I am sorting through my fabric, I am realizing I didn't have much batting.
I prefer the Warm and Natural or Warm and White batting made by The Warm Company.
 
 
I like the way it crinkles up after it's quilted and washed.
 It looks more like the quilts my Granny use to make.
 Anyhow, I noticed Hancock Fabrics had all their batting on sale, so off I went.
One problem.
I came home with MORE fabric!!!
I know, I know, don't lecture me - I couldn't resist...
 

Isn't it pretty? 
I thought to myself, "Wouldn't this make a pretty table runner?" and talked myself right into buying it.
Besides, I can still use some of my stash I have at home to go with it.
Right?


Now, I have another problem.
I purchased a small Ottlite they had on sale, but found it's not going to work for me.
Here's my problem...
 I need to go back to the fabric store to return it, so.....
I'm thinking "Horse blinders".
Don't they use those to keep horses focused?
Do ya think they would work on people too?

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

GOOD LUCK! Focus, focus, focus my friend :-D But yes the fabric is beautiful!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Ha!
Ha!
Leave the debit card at home?