Sunday, March 8, 2015

Simple sewing room organization

 
Does your lace, trim or ribbon look like this??
 

Do you have to untangle the entire box each time you want to use just one piece ?
 
Well.....
Do I have a simple solution for you!
 
 All you need is the cardboard backing from an old notepad, spiral bound notebook or maybe even just a file folder or cereal box.......any old cardboard will do.
 
First, I measured the box I wanted to store my lace in and drew a simple pattern to fit.
I then cut my pattern out and traced several onto the cardboard.
After cutting, I began the wrapping process and here's the finished product.
 
 
It now fits nicely right back into the same box for a much neater storage.
 
 
And.... didn't cost me a penny.
 
 
I know I probably could have used pretty scrapbook paper to cover that ugly cardboard or maybe found some pretty file folders to use, but I'm good with the plain ol' cardboard.
 
 
Besides, once my cabinet doors are closed, no one (except myself and maybe a few nosey friends) will see it anyway.
 See, it fits right back into place...... just a little neater :-)
 
 
Now....
Moving on to that box of elastic!
 
 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Looks great! Can't wait to be 'nosey' haha