Sunday, June 21, 2015

Three Dudes Quilt block - in progress

I love a scrappy quilt and when I saw this video from Missouri Star Quilt Company, I thought it would be perfect for my first jelly roll.
 
This has to be THE easiest quilt block I have ever made.
 
 
Not only the easiest, but also the fastest.
 I had eight blocks completed in less than 30 minutes.
It's really a fun block to sew.
 
 
The hardest part is trying to decide which strips you want to put together in a block and how you want to lay your blocks out for your finished project.
 
 
There were a few strips that weren't my favorite.
 
 
I left them out.
(I'm not the Camo kinda gal). 
 
Even leaving these strips out and only 30 strips in my jelly roll, I will still be able to make a fairly nice size throw.
 
 
I'm excited to see the end result.
 
 

3 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Hi Lucy! I saw this same video a few months back and I couldn't wait to try it out on a jelly roll of batiks I had in my stash. It was so much fun to put together and you're right about the tough part...finding the *perfect* arrangement! I still need to finish mine since other things got in the way. I'm looking forward to seeing your final quilt!

Debbie said...

Can't wait to see it finished! :-D

Unknown said...

Hello I realize this post is 5 years old. Just wondering if you have a posted a photo of this quilt finished? I would love to see how it looks.
Thanks so much.
Deb