Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Hiding your mistakes

I've got lots of excuses for not making my blogging goal of posting twice a week.
Wanna hear them?
No?
Well then, I will spare you the details and move on....

Even though I haven't blogged lately, I have been sewing.
I even finished a couple things.
 I just haven't found the time to blog about them.

One thing I have been experimenting with is free motion quilting.
Originally I stitched up a small scrappy piece to practice on, but decided to try on a muslin sandwich instead.

Good thang.


What I found out so far, is I'm not very good at it and I need LOTS of practice.
Why do all those U-tuber's make it look so easy?

 I decided since I need LOTS more practice I would just use a few decorative stitches on my machine instead.
I really like the looks of this wavy stitch.


One problem.
I ran out of bobbin midstream and then couldn't figure out where to begin stitching again so I ended up with this...


So, I quickly hid my mistake!


I now have a new mug rug.


None the wiser.
😉

See ya soon.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It’s a cute little mug rug! I used to quilt, and started free motion quilting. I started with an overall meander. It was a good way to get used to how it feels without needing to be so precise. Then life changed multiple times, and now I make jewelry - which still feeds my need to play with color.

FlyAwayHome said...

Michelle, Thanks for visiting. I am not giving up yet on the free motion quilting just need lots of practice. I will give meandering a try. Also, I checked out your site. BEAUTIFUL jewelry! Anyone reading Michelle's comment might want to check out her site also. Thanks again for visiting.