Monday, August 31, 2020

Magic Cookie Bars

 Is anyone else baking, eating, baking, eating, and then baking and eating more?

I swear, by the time this pandemic is over I will have gained 50 pounds!

No lie.

Anyhow, I'm sure everyone has seen some version of these Magic Cookie Bars before.


You can pretty much add or take away anything you want once you get the basics down.

Below is the basic recipe I used.

Magic Cookie Bars

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs or 12 full-size crackers
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch morsels
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
Set aside.
Crush the graham crackers in a bag or food processor to make fine crumbs.
(I prefer the food processor)
Add the melted butter to your graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
Pour the graham cracker and butter mixture into the baking pan and press down using your fingers.
Top crust with the chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, coconut, and pecans.
Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
Cool completely before cutting. 

These are super easy to make and if you are looking for something to KILL your sweet tooth, these will definitely do the job. 
They were way too sweet for me, but Mr. Fisherman LOVED them.
 

Next time I think I will try white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and coconut.
I will let you know how they turn out.
 
Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Bitohoneygirl said...

Oh my. I LOVE these cookies!