Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Instructions

They are there for a reason.

The person who took the time to write the instructions assumes you are going to actually read and FOLLOW them.
Again, they are there for a reason.

My mother taught me the art of quilting many years ago.
 My mother always pressed her seams open and taught me to do the same.

I have found many quilters press to the dark.
The instructions for this pattern say to press seams open unless otherwise indicated.

Since I chose a white background for my Patio Picnic quilt I decided it might be best to press the seams to the dark side.


I WAS WRONG.

I found after stitching my first block it was way too bulky in all the tiny little intersections.
 Rather than fighting with it, I decided to go back and press the seams open on each and every tiny little 1 1/2" square.
It took me an hour.


The moral of the story...

Save yourself an hour and 
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
They are there for a reason.

2 comments:

Deb F said...

Dang. Instructions. Sigh. *grin*

pbrenner said...

I resemble this way too often :-) The little squares are so dang adorable though, I can't wait to see it finished.