Saturday, July 18, 2020

Lucy Sews

Has anyone noticed the new photo on my sidebar in the About me section? 🠞

I am redecorating my sewing room and needed something new for my wall.
 
This took a lot of 4am sewing but it's finally done.
It measures 21 x 21.


This was so much fun to make.
I just made it up as I went along.

I have never been a fan of raw edge applique, but I thought I would give it a try since this is totally mine for my sewing room.

The background behind the sewing machine is pieced with a variety of green scraps.


Since I knew this was something that wasn't going to be washed frequently, I did raw edge applique around the sewing machine, scissors, thread spools and parts of the banner.



 
The pincushion and the cherries are both machine applique designs.

 
I am now a HUGE fan of raw edge applique.
I will definitely use it again. 
It was so much fun!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Linking today to:



8 comments:

Deb F said...

YOU are hired! Seriously, it turned out gorgeous. :)

FlyAwayHome said...

You are too sweet, Deb F

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

I love machine applique because of how creative you can be. You can literally make any shape! Love this mini quilt. Perfect for your sewing room. You achieved the right balance with all the different shapes. Really. This is super! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss and welcome.

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you Jennifer and thanks for hosting.

Jo (A Rose Tinted World) said...

This is stunning. Such a pretty project!

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you Jo for your kind words.

chrisknits said...

How cute is that!!! You have a natural talent for making, good luck on future endeavors!

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you so much chrisknits. You are so sweet.