Monday, February 18, 2019

And another...

Continued from Tuesday's post...
I still had tiny little scraps lying around the sewing room floor and couldn't let them go.
I began picking them up and just stitching them together haphazardly until I had sew together about a 5" x 8" piece.
I cut a heart out of paper a bit smaller than the one I used for the
 No Point Star block.
I was able to squeeze 4 hearts out of that scrappy little 5" x 8" piece I had sewn together.


Now, what to do with these scrappy little hearts?
I stitched together a quick little "base" using 5 by 5 inch squares and 2 inch wide sashing.
I then used my new 505 Adhesive Spray to temporarily place my hearts down while I ran a zig zag stitch around each one.



I do really like this 505 spray despite the can says it is only removable by dry cleaning.
(I did e-mail the company to ask about the dry cleaning, but I never got an answer.)
 It holds really well. I used it both to hold down the hearts for stitching and to sandwich my fabric and batting.


I added my binding and it's complete and ready for hanging.


All from scraps off the floor and a bit from my stash basket.

Thanks for looking!


Linking today to:

4 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Sweet little quilt! Your hearts are beautiful, love scrappy shapes!

pbrenner said...

What an adorable use of the scraps! I wish I thought of things like this before my cute scraps ended up tossed away - but I seem to go to one extreme (keep every scrap, no matter how small!) to the other (throw everything away!). I'm in the middle of Konmari-ing my house so many things are being discarded, even if they might be useful some day :-)
I'm sorry the company didn't respond to your inquiry but I think I'll give this spray a chance when my can of KK2000 runs out.

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you Frederique for visiting and your sweet comment. Hope you come back for a visit.

FlyAwayHome said...

Thanks pbrenner. Your comments are always so sweet. I have NEVER been able to toss scraps! EVER! I too, read Marie Kondo's book several years ago and really enjoyed it. She is super inspiring and I did follow some of her ideas. One place she is not welcome in my home is my sewing room and NEVER will be. LOL... NO WAY!! I like all my scraps, notions and junk just as they are!