Tuesday, September 14, 2021

DIY quilt markers

I LOVE cherries.
Cherry pie, cherry fabric, chocolate-covered cherries, cherry cupcakes, etc.

While I'm in this cherry mood, I decided to try my hand at making a few homemade labels for my fabric pieces.


Up to now, I've been using Scrabble tiles to label my fabric pieces after cutting.
I actually really like using the Scrabble tiles because they have a bit of weight to them. 

I see Lori Holts Alphabitties everywhere and decided to see if I might like something similar. 
Since I have a Cricut Maker I thought I would try making my own "Alphabitties".
 I thought these may come in handy if I needed to clip the fabric pieces together with the appropriate marker.


These were super easy to make. 
I designed the square and used an existing cherry design I found in Cricut Access.
 I printed my design on cardstock and adhered stick-on laminating sheets to both the front and back.
I then put my laminated cardstock into my Cricut Maker and set the cut for cardstock.
 Even adding more pressure to the cardstock setting it still took 3 passes to cut all the way through the two sheets of laminate and the sheet of cardstock. 
If anyone knows a better setting, please let me know and I will pass the info along.


Honestly, between me and you, I still prefer my little Scrabble tiles to my homemade labels.


The only thing I might change would be to add a bit of felt onto the back to keep them from slipping around on my fabric.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

pbrenner said...

Those are adorable! I was toying with the idea of embroidering some block letters on felt, but have been too lazy to actually carry it out. I've been using scraps of paper :-)

FlyAwayHome said...

pbrenner.... LOL scraps of paper work just a well :)