Thursday, January 31, 2019

Done is better than perfect.

This is the first sewing I have done in more than a year. 
I started my first (of many) eye surgeries December 2017 and still have one to go.


I truly didn't even want to blog this little wall hanging.
There are so many, many, many (did I mention, many) things wrong with this thing.




I felt as though I was forced to blog about it since I not only wrote a post about finding little treasures, but also, how I was going to start AND finish a small quilted project a month.
 What was I thinking????
(I'm still working through eye surgeries)

I tend to be a teeny bit of a perfectionist when I sew.
If the least bit goes wrong I will toss the project and start over or find another project.
I was determined to finish this thing - one way or another.

I loved the colors so I kept going.


I read somewhere you should never point out your imperfections - no one notices but you.

Not sure that's true...
I'm pretty sure even you non-quilters can see ALL the things wrong here.





Honestly, I'm happy I didn't toss this project and kept going.
It's far from (or even close to) passable, but I decided with all it's imperfections I liked it anyway, so
  I'm keeping it.

As they say...
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

13 comments:

Susan said...

Looks lovely to me!

pbrenner said...

Perfection is overrated :-) I think it looks very nice, and I'm not going to even try to look for any perceived imperfections. As my mother used to say, if you can't see it from a galloping horse ….. Welcome back to sewing!

scraphappy said...

Glad that you kept going. It is lovely to have a finished project to share. Best of luck with your recovery.

Connie Taylor said...

I like the soft colors in your wallhanging. It's very pretty.

Julie in GA said...

Your title is right--done is definitely better than perfect. The most important thing is enjoying the process. Good luck with your eye surgery.

grammajudyb said...

Well, I don't see any imperfections! The colors are lovely! The quilting is great! It's a wonderful piece!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your wall-hanging is beautiful! Celebrate your finish! I hope it felt good to get back into blogging again.

Katie Z. said...

It’s beautiful!

Kathy S. said...

I love the colors. The quilting on it is adorable. Wishing you continued progress with your eye surgery recovery.

Susie H said...

Beautiful! I love it on your wall, so pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

From where I'm sitting, your project looks delightful!! Perfection is over-rated. The important part is that you gave Mother's squares a place to shine!

Anonymous said...

I think we all feel that way sometimes, but your little quilt is truly great! All I see is a couple of lost points (too tiny to mention). The colors are great, too! I'm glad you finished it! : )

Susan said...

I like it, and I'm glad you didn't toss it.