Thursday, January 17, 2019

My Amazon haul

Good morning, everyone. 
I got a couple more packages from Amazon last week and thought I would share.

 The first is a Riley Blake design called Sew Cherry by Lori Holt.


Oh, sew pretty....

(photo via Amazon)

Next is the Mama's Cottage charm pack by April Rosenthal. 


(photo via Emerald City Fabrics)

I'm loving all the bright colors in these two charm packs.

Does anyone else find it hard to cut up these little charm packs.
Do you think "What if I cut them and then find something else I would have rather used them for?"
I do.
 After all, they are only 5" little pieces, it's not like I have a whole yard to play with.
Let's face it....
I'm the same way if I have yards of fabric.
 I still, for some reason, just can't cut it until I am absolutely sure what I want to make.
 I have fabric that has been in my stash for years because I thought it was pretty, bought it, and it's still not cut. 
Am I weird?

I know, I need to change that way of thinking and just make something...
 … make anything.

I am starting slowly with my leftover scraps from other projects.
(Yep, still working on organizing those scraps; it's taking forever.)
I'm hoping I will get brave after using up my scraps and start working with my "real" stash including my pretty little charm packs.

To help me use up some scraps and practice a bit of free motion quilting, I purchased these two books by Jera Brandvig.


As I was reading the "Look inside" pages on Amazon this sentence caught my attention:
"This is a great way to hone in on your free-motion quilting, while you work on a single block at a time."
Perfect.
Just what I needed.
This will be an easy way for me to start learning the art of free-motion quilting.

The Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern book is beautiful with lots of ideas for using up scraps in a fresh new way.


The Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage book is a follow-up to the Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern.


This book focuses on classic blocks. There are 51 classic blocks and 9 projects in this book with simple easy to follow instructions.

Last, but not least...
The Omnigrid marking ruler for half square triangles.

I think I got quite a haul including my binding tool and free motion quilting foot out of my $100 Amazon gift card.
Whatcha think?


Linking today to:

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Quite a haul!!! Cannot wait to see your first project!!