Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and now on to a great New Year.

I'm starting my new year by cashing in one of my Christmas gifts from Mr. Fisherman.
 A $100 Amazon gift card!


I have never been much of an online shopper. 
I like to touch and feel things before I buy.
I like to know the quality of things before I spend my hard-earned dollars on something.
You can't always tell the quality of something from an online photo.
It may be beautiful in a picture, but when it arrives it's cheap, cheap, cheap.

Well.....
I have since changed my way of thinking.
 I have not been able to drive since my first eye surgery in December 2017.
I can handle the surgeries, but not being able to drive???
Drives me nuts!

Soon, I will be back to normal, but in the meantime, I have learned how fun it is to shop online.
I have ordered several things online over the past 6 months or so and had only one return.
I can see how online shopping could become very dangerous.

My first purchases using my gift card came in two days.
Oh, how I love Amazon Prime!


I saw this binding tool used on a U-Tube video and thought I would give it a try.
I also ordered an open toe, free motion quilting foot since one of my goals in 2019 is to learn the art of machine quilting.

I also ordered a couple charm packs which were not part of Amazon Prime's two day shipping.
Darn.
 I see how that 2 day shipping can really spoil a person, can't it?


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know I am hooked on Amazon Prime - the world is basically our oyster! Machine quilting - I need to investigate :)