Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Odif 505 Temporary Adhesive spray

My go to temporary adhesive spray for embroidery and applique is Dritz Adhesive spray.

I have used it for years with no problems.
It's a bit pricey...
Regular price is $17.99 for a 5.62 oz can.
I purchase it at Joann Fabrics and try to use a 40% off coupon when I can.

I have heard many quilters rave about the Odif 505 Temporary Adhesive spray.
  I thought I would give it a try and ordered a can via Amazon.
$15.03 for 12.4 oz
(Big difference in price from the Dritz I usually use.)

Anyhow, I received my 505 and began to read the instructions on the back of the can.
I came across this.....


WHAT??
THEIR KIDDING, RIGHT???
DRY CLEAN?

I will assume this hasn't been an issue for quilters using it to sandwich their top, batting and backing together before quilting.
When I embroider/applique I use adhesive spray quite a bit and need it to wash out with water.
Do you know.....
Does this 505 really need to be dry cleaned to remove it?
If so, I may have to go back to my Dritz temporary spray for embroidery projects and just use this for quilting.

Do you use temporary fabric adhesive on embroidery or applique projects?
If so, what's your favorite?
Any suggestions?
That Dritz is so expensive for such a small can...

Linking today to:

5 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I don't know for sure but I'm sure someone else will share info. I don't use any sprays as they bother my breathing.

FlyAwayHome said...

Thanks Connie. And thanks again for the linky party

pbrenner said...

Wow, that seems so strange. I haven't used that one, I normally use KK2000 (which is also pricey). I would contact the manufacturer to get more details. Their website does have a contact form, as well as phone numbers. Perhaps you can get an answer that way. I'm curious to see how they respond. https://www.odifusa.com/contact-us/

FlyAwayHome said...

Thanks pbrenner, I think I will do that. I will let you know what they come back with.

pbrenner said...

I will watch for what they say - I would like to find a cheaper alternative to my KK 2000, but it works so well for me that I have hesitated to try anything else.