Sunday, January 6, 2019

~ My organized mess ~

I say "organized" loosely.

VERY loosely...


 I thought if I kept my scraps bagged by color it would be easy to find a particular color for a quick applique project. 

It did work for awhile, but my bags were getting WAY to full.

While nosing around the internet I discovered Lori Holt's way of organizing her scraps for quilting.

Most of my scraps are just that - scraps.
 All shapes and sizes.

I started at the ironing board and ironed each one to see what shapes and sizes I did have.
I'm actually going one bag at a time.

This has turned out to be a very time consuming project, but I am hoping in the end it will all be worth the effort.
After about four hours, I am only through two bags.


I cut my strips into the sizes Lori Holt suggested.
I cut 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 3 1/2", and 5 inch strips.
Lori also suggested 7 and 10 inches, but I chose not to cut my larger pieces.
 I keep my larger pieces folded in baskets.

I am still keeping smaller bags of the awkward pieces for applique projects.


I'm hoping my new organized scraps will inspire me to start working on more little quilted projects.

How do you organize your scraps?


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Mine are just piled on top of each other haha But this idea is great! I am embracing organization :-)