Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Finding little treasures

While going through my scraps I found this little stack of 2 1/2" squares I had kept from my mothers stash. 
They were already cut in these perfect little squares...


Thanks, Mother.
(I know, "Mother" sounds so formal but we never called my mother Mom - always Mother or Granny and my dad Pop.)

Anyhow…

Thought I would try out my new little half square triangle ruler.




I haven't decided whether it takes more time to draw the two lines to sew on or just one line down the middle and sew a 1/4 inch away. 
For right now it works well for me since I am still dealing with eye issues.
I am able to see where exactly I need to sew.



Aren't they cute?
Tiny little half square triangles.

Now what to do with these babies???
I already have an idea.
Stay tuned....

Linking today to:
Wow me Wednesday
Linky Tuesday



5 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I usually mark both lines as the foot on my sewing machine isn't exactly 1/4". How fun to have your mom's blocks!

Debbie said...

Verry nice! Cannot wait to see what your idea is!!!

PaintedThread said...

What a great little ruler!

FlyAwayHome said...

Thanks for reading Sally. So far, I do like this little ruler. It came in a package of three different sizes.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great find! The squares AND that little ruler. I usually make only the center line, but sometimes feel that a line to sew on would be easier to follow. Thanks for sharing, as I didn't know there was such a ruler!