Sunday, March 20, 2011

The true love of my life...


My "Pop"


August 14, 1922 - March 14, 2011
~
My father who proudly served in the United States Air Force during World War II, the Korean conflict and Vietnam was not only a war hero - he was my hero.
I am proud to say and honored my hero was laid to rest at the
Florida National Cemetery with full military honors 17 March, 2011 beside my mother, his wife of 63 years and my brother, a United States Marine.

While I am proud of his service to our country, I am most proud of the legacy he leaves behind as a father and grandfather.

My father wanted more than anything to just simply - be remembered.
He got his wish in so many ways because he will remain forever in our hearts.
I love you Pop and I will forever be...  
"a Daddy's girl". 

9 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

This post is so sweet Lucy. Hugs to you my friend!! Ive been missing you in blogland!

xoxo
Kara

Anonymous said...

Hope your sweet memories will replace the grief you now feel. You are in my prayers.
Eva (Goddess)

Debbie said...

Sweet dreams Pops

Terri said...

So sorry to hear about your dad, Lucy...he sounds like a wonderful person!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my grandpa whom I took care of for the past several years on the 9th. I need to do a post about him, but haven't been able to.
~Kimberlee

Jerry said...

Gramps,
I pledge to you to do the utmost of my ability to keep "Daddy's girl" safe, sound and happy for the rest of my days for she is the Love of my life. Our partnership would never had been possible without you !
I will forever remember you!

dpeele said...

This is so sweet ( as I wipe away the tears). Miss you gramps and " see ya later".

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Catrina said...

Mom and Pop were the greatest. I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved them dearly, too.