Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween-ish

I like making my granddaughters things for the holidays.
I try to make things they can use in the season - rather than just one day.
 
I found this cute little set below from Pottery Barn and thought it would get plenty of use through Thanksgiving.
 
 
 I then prettied it up a little using tulle and ribbon.
 
 
Knowing I had gold metallic thread at home, I purchased these adorable little sparkly skirts and embroidered their names on long sleeved tee's to match.
 
 
It matched perfectly.
Just look at that sparkle...
 
 
Sometimes metallic thread is a little tricky.
If you use a metallic needle and slow your machine down a bit, you should have no problem stitching with metallic thread. 
 
 
Add a witches hat and broom and you will have a cute little witch costume.
After Halloween, the shirt can be worn with jeans until the weather warms up and the skirt can be worn with another top and tights - no one would suspect...  
 
See ya soon...
 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Can you make me one?! :-)