Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A Stylish Guide to CLASSIC SEWING

For my birthday in August, Mr. Fisherman gave me an Amazon gift card.

Oh, how I love those Amazon gift cards.

😊

One of my favorite things to buy is sewing books of any kind.

I've been eyeing A Stylish Guide to CLASSIC SEWING by Sarah Gunn and Julie Starr since it first came out.

From all the reviews I read, I knew it wasn't an actual how-to sewing book before I purchased it.

 Having said that, they do include one pattern and instructions for The Modern Classic Pencil Skirt in the back of the book.

I loved this book.

I can read it over and over.

Just as the cover says, the book explores timeless garments with history and includes many modern styling tips for ready-to-wear results.

It includes the history, characteristics, sewing tips, fabric suggestions, how to style, and who wore these classic pieces.

The artwork is beautiful on every page.

 I read several reviews from people that gave this book only two or three stars.

I am thinking they were expecting a book of sewing instructions on classic patterns and were disappointed.

 I was not. 

The book is lovely.

I am really happy I purchased it.

Seriously, I can read it over and over....

Thanks Sara and Julie for such a beautiful book and allowing me to include a few pic's of the beautiful artwork inside.

1 comment:

Bitohoneygirl said...

I LOVE the white with green - OMG...