Thursday, September 9, 2021

Farm Girl Vintage

When Mr. Fisherman asked me last month what I wanted for my birthday

 I said...      

AMAZON GIFT CARD, PLEEEEEZZZ..................

I have had my eye on a few Lori Holt books for some time, so I knew just what I wanted.

It took me approximately 3 minutes after receiving my Amazon gift card to sign in to Amazon, go to my wish list, and spend that baby. 

And the very next day...

...they were at my front door.

I knew the very first block I wanted to make was the cute little
  Pie Cherries Block.


I have seen so many variations of this block - ALL cute. 

Here is my version...


Both Farm Girl Vintage and Farm Girl Vintage 2 give instructions for small (6") and larger (12") blocks.
 Still reeling from the frustration with the Patio Picnic, I chose the much simpler 12" block.

I LOVE these books. 
Lori has made it so easy to mix and match blocks from both books.
You can choose to make an entire quilt, a small wall hanging, table runner, potholder, etc.
She leaves it up to you and your imagination.

My imagination???

I imagined it would be much easier than piecing the Patio Picnic Quilt.
It was...
😉

No comments: