Thursday, April 22, 2010

Only 246 days until Christmas !

Trust me, it's not too early to start your Christmas sewing.
I made this Advent calendar for my Grandbaby in 2008. It took me about 3 months to complete. I wanted something large enough to put small gifts in. This one measures approximately 3 feet wide by 4 feet long.


Below is a close up of the pockets and bottom corner.

 

Here it is, completely full and ready to go.


And, with Mommy's permission, I am posting a picture of my beautiful grandbaby, Miss Oakleigh Elizabeth.


6 comments:

Danise said...

Cute pic! We will need another one for this Christmas! :)

FlyAwayHome said...

Yes, by this Christmas I will have a brand new grandbaby to make another one for!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How pretty!! I bet she loves it.

It is never too early for Christmas. =D

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This is gorgeous!You do amazing work. I bet your little granddauther is going to be thrilled {for years to come too!} Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase party. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Kaysi said...

What a great idea!!! BTW, I love the name Oakleigh, so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Sew pretty! Oh, I'm funny! But, for real, that is so dainty and pretty! You did a really good job!