Friday, October 28, 2011

Calling all "Waist Watchers"


How about a slice of coconut cream pie!

Seriously, this is a Weight Watcher recipe and it is so delicious.

I found it here...


...in my mother's recipe binder.


Here's all it takes.


(The recipe actually calls for fat-free whipped topping; I had light in the fridge, so I substituted.)

~ Coconut Cream Pie ~

Ingredients
1 reduced fat graham cracker pie crust
2 small boxes of fat-free sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix 
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1 1/2 cups packaged shredded coconut
8 oz fat-free tub whipped topping
~
In large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk until the pudding mixture thickens. Fold 1 cup of the coconut and half the whipped topping into the pudding. Pour into the pie crust. Spread the remainder of the whipped topping on the top of the pie. Sprinkle with the remainder of the coconut.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.

8 servings - 5pts per serving


This pie is so rich and delicious; no one will ever guess it's a Weight Watcher dessert!

Happy Friday, everyone!


Linking today to:

8 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds delish...coconut cream pie is my favorite! Add the fact that it is WW and that makes it taste that much better! I must try it!

Sandy said...

Oh my that looks delicious! We are calorie watchers around here, so any idea how many calories per slice??

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Looks wonderful! Weight Watchers does a great job adjusting recipes.

tendrplace said...

OMY, ok if i made that pie I'd probably sit down and eat the whole thing. YUM

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Wow! That is seriously one BIG recipe binder! How lucky to have all of your mom's favorite recipes. Coconut cream is one of my favorite pies...I'll have to try it someday!

Arlene said...

Maybe it was 5 WW points in 2011, but I added up all the ingredients
to be 93 points making it 11.6 or 12 points per slice. 1/8th of the pie.
Could be 8 pts per slice if one forgoes the crust.

Anonymous said...

Can you use unsweetened coconut flakes? Did you use sweetened coconut flakes?

FlyAwayHome said...

Unsweetened