Saturday, November 26, 2011

$499 Kitchen Aid stand mixer - free !


If you read my post yesterday, I was bragging on my homemade whipped cream.
To be honest, I really could not have done it without my new best friend...

Mabel
(sorry, Deb)

Isn't she beautiful?
She is the Kitchen Aid professional 600

I got her for free.
Well, sort of...
I am a coupon gal. Coupons are like free money to me.  Each time I use coupons for a purchase I put my savings into an envelope. In other words, if I bought $100 worth of groceries and had $25 worth of coupons, I would put that $25 I saved by using coupons into my "saving for my Kitchen Aid" envelope. I actually taped a picture of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer on the envelope to keep me motivated. 
You have to be patient. It took me almost a year of couponing. Sometimes only $5 here or there, but it really starts to add up.

A few years ago when the Kindle first came out I purchased Mr. Fisherman a $300 Kindle with my coupon savings.
I actually have dollars left from my Kitchen Aid purchase.
Since I am a bargain shopper, I called Kitchen Aid to see if they had any promo's going on. They did! This particular color (Caviar) was being discontinued so they were offering it for $299!
Brand new!
YAY!

Hummmm.... wonder how long it's gonna take me to save for that new Jaguar convertible I want?

14 comments:

MsFoxsSweets said...

Found you from Tatertots and Jello! Awesome job getting this mixer, she is a beauty! I use coupons, but never really set the money I save aside, great idea!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is some serious dedication -- good job!

Pamela

Debbie said...

Hmmm, a Jag...do I get to drive it? WHEEEE!!! Great job my friend, wish that dedication rubbed off on me *lol* Yep...Mabel...it suits her fine! ;)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say you have a great site and thanks for posting!…

Julie E said...

I found you from tatertots & jello. Too I have been wanting one of these bads boys for years (ask my husband, he'll tell you). I starting couponing last month and I'm wondering if I can talk him into letting me put away the money saved for mystand mixer. Love this idea!

Jenn said...

That is a genius idea! I'm going to have to try that one. You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

What a great idea Lucy!! I am totally jealous of your new kitchen aid. She is lovely!

Mariaelena said...

Good for you!!!...what a great idea...enjoy your kitchenaid...I'm in the market for one now too...Happy baking and decorating..xo, Mariaelena

Terry said...

I use coupons too and never thought about doing what you've done, you might just have me doing the same thing...great idea! Thanks for linking up and leaving such a nice comment. I have a mixer too but not free...

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

poop, I thought you were doing a giveaway! haha.

I LOVE coupons myself. I once went through a phase where I couponed "Extreme Couponing" style. It was awesome.

Terri said...

OMG...you are going to LOVE this model! I originally purchased the smaller one and it did not take me long to discover I needed more "power", so I upgraded. Best money ever spent, and I made my daughter happy because she got my "old" (not) one!

You might even get the urge to make a big batch of sugar cookies :-}

Sally said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such a great idea. I got my big red for free, but it was because my friend reconditioned it! I can't wait to see the Jag next year. I’m rooting for ya!!!!

Carli-Made by Carli said...

Wow, that's a great idea-Now if only I knew where to begin with couponing!

Sheila said...

Wow, now I wish I was a coupon clipper. My husband has been wanting a Kitchen-Aid forever. I might just have to motivate myself to clip and use some coupons.