Monday, November 7, 2011

~ A little history ~


While sorting through some of my father's military memorabilia, I found this newspaper.

The Middlesboro Daily News
Dated August 14, 1945
Headlines read...
WAR OVER...JAPS SAY

Notice the spelling of Tokyo.
I found out this spelling (Tokio) was commonly used during the time of the Second World War.
Talk about trivia...

******

Inside I found the cartoon comic strip Blondie.


Did you know Blondie was first published September 8, 1930?

Chick Young drew Blondie until his death in 1973, when creative control passed to his son Dean Young. Blondie has remained popular and appears in more than 2000 newspapers, 47 countries and in 35 languages.

And there you have it! 
Your history lesson for the day.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Interesting!! Love those old paper!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I can't believe blondie is that old. Boy, what a neat thing to have.
~Kimberlee