Saturday, September 9, 2017

Prepping for Irma

Yep. I'm in Tampa - smack dab in the middle of the line of fire.
As it looks right now, pretty much the entire state of Florida is in the path of Irma.
We have been batting down the hatches and stocking up.
 
 
While preparing for Irma I'm reminded of a few teacher gifts I made many, many years ago.
 As I am getting ready to post these pictures I realized the dates on them...
2007!!
Where in the heck does the time go?
 
Anyhow...
 
I made my own pattern and cut it from neoprene.
While laying flat, I embroidered the initials.
I then stitched up both sides and finished the top with a strip of fabric to cover the raw edge.
 
 
 
For the girls I stitched a purse size holder for a few single serve drink packets.
 
 
 
For one older male I added an embroidered handkerchief.
 
 
I wrapped them in cellophane, adding a bookmark for the tag and ribbon.
 
 
Praying for all in the path of Irma...
 
Please prepare and be safe.

No comments: