Friday, January 13, 2012

Sunflowers, napkins and coasters.


I've been sorting through my fabric stash and found lots of ...
"Why in the heck did I buy that?" fabric.
Some not so bad, but others..... Geeezzzz, what was I thinking!

Really....What was I thinking????
I had a dress made out of this fabric.... and I wore it !

Anyhow, I think it makes better napkins and coasters, don't you?


I only had enough left for three 20 inch napkins (I like large napkins) and four coasters.
I do have a bit left, but not enough for another napkin - maybe another project.


Without the ribbon tie.


The napkins are hemmed; I quilted the coasters and just pinked the edges.
 I usually serge everyday napkins, but I decided to hem these for a nicer look using my favorite little measuring tool.

The Handee Gauge.


The Handee Gauge makes it so much easier and quicker.


If you are new to sewing, these little gauges are inexpensive and (in my opinion) a "must have" to add to your basic sewing notions.

Happy Friday!


Linking today to:
http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Debbie said...

LOVE the sunflowers!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

A second here on loving the sunflower fabric. Very bold with the black and yellow combo. Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva