Tuesday, February 12, 2019

One thing led to another....

After my last (not so perfect) small quilt project, I thought I would try something a bit less "pointy". 😉

Scrolling through Pinterest I came across this No Point Star tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew and thought I would give it a try.

While still trying to put a dent in my fabric stash, I came across some scraps I thought would be perfect for a little scrappy February block.

I cut out my fabric as she instructed for one block and started chain piecing.


I followed her instructions and it went together really quickly.
I then decided to just stitch a quarter inch around the star points, center and around the border.


It looked a little boring to me so I decided to add a few hearts in each corner and the center of the star.
I cut a star from paper and drew around it with my disappearing ink pen.



I just followed my lines and...


WALLA!!


I have hearts.
All I needed to do was dampen the fabric to remove my drawn lines.


I added the binding and it's complete.
I can use it as a table topper...


hang it...


or use it as a (rather large) mug rug.


Which leads me to my "another" project.

As I was cleaning up my mess I spotted the little triangles I had cut off to make the star...


Couldn't let those go to waste, now could I?


They were such tiny little pieces.
Perfect for a mug rug.
Isn't it amazing what you can do with the tiny little leftovers if you just take a second look before tossing them in your trash bin?

Have a great day!

Linking today to:


1 comment:

Susan said...

Pretty little Valentine quilt! And a great use of the leftovers!