Saturday, March 21, 2015

Almond flavored pound cake

Remind me again....
 
 Why DO I like to bake???
 
 
I always make such a HUGE mess!
 
Maybe, it's eatin' the end result, I like so well...
 
 
This is THE best pound cake EVER!
(I'm thinking it's due to the almond flavor)
 
I've made it a million times.
 
I'm not gonna lie, it's not something you quickly throw together, but it's well worth your time and dirty dishes.
 

Sour cream - almond flavored pound cake

1 cup butter or margarine (I use butter)
3 cups sugar
6 eggs, separated
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
 
 Cream butter and 2 cups sugar.
 Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt twice.  Add to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream.
Beat egg whites and remaining cup of sugar until stiff.
Fold gently into batter. Blend in vanilla and almond flavorings.
 
* Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.*
 Cake should have a nice, brown crust. Let stand for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
 
* NOTES *
I find 1 1/2 hour baking time a little too long in my oven; it tends to dry my cake out.
 I suggest you check for doneness around 1 1/4 hour.
 
I use 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to coat my pan.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Linking today to:

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Ruh roh. (but looks yummy!)