Thursday, August 13, 2020

I'm losing my marbles...

 ...or what's left of them anyway. 

This adorable Patio Picnic Pattern is starting to not look so adorable to me anymore.

It's driving me crazy!

I consider myself an intermediate quilter, but now I am beginning to question even those skills.

After finally getting in a groove and not using my seam ripper on every single block I was able to complete six of the nine pieced blocks so far.

The pieced blocks should measure 7 1/2" x 7 1/2".

ALL my blocks measured 7 1/4" x 7 1/4".

At least I was consistently off by 1/4".

I'm not sure if it's me or if I need to adjust my 1/4" foot on my machine. Either way, I'm leaving it and finishing the last three the same way so they will be the same size as the others.

My problem now is that it makes all the blocks 1/4" off.

I will be doing a lot of "fudging" to bring this quilt top together, but I am bound and determined to finish it. 

Also, I'm seeing that not many of my points are meeting exactly as they should. I'm hoping, in the end, this is such a busy little quilt that no one will even notice.

 I will just be happy to finish the darn thing.

I am begging Fat Quarter Shop to give me a break on the next Sew Sampler Box and make it something for a total beginner.

😊

2 comments:

Bitohoneygirl said...

*LOL* No one but YOU will know... I like the colors! Will it keep a lap or feet warm? That's all that matters my friend!

FlyAwayHome said...

Awwww..... thank you for your sweet comment Bitohoneygirl