Thursday, July 30, 2020

What I have learned so far...

The instructions for the Patio Picnic quilt have this nice little page in the back where you can write notes and things you have learned while making this quilt.


I like that idea. 
That way, should you make it again, you will have your notes to help with the next one.

I have started piecing a few blocks.


Even using a design board (baking pan and batting 😉) it is so easy to get confused about which direction these tiny little squares are sewn together.


You may think you have them all lined up correctly, sew them together, and THEN find out you have one upside down and must take the entire thing apart and resew it.
Not once, not twice but several times.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.....
😖


So, here's what I have learned so far.


If I can ever step away from my seam ripper long enough, I will try to keep you updated on my progress.
No, seriously...
My seam ripper and I have now become one.

1 comment:

Deb F said...

ONE. Understood. :)