Friday, July 10, 2020

Three Dudes Quilt - finished

One reason I thought I would get back to posting a bit was the following comment on April 25, 2020 asking about the Three Dudes Quilt.

"Hello I realize this post is 5 years old. Just wondering if you have a posted a photo of this quilt finished? I would love to see how it looks. Thanks so much. Deb"

Wow! Five years ago. Really?
You can see that original post here.

Anyhow, I am a little embarrassed to say....
I just finished this little lap quilt a few months ago.


One good thing about Covid-19 (if you can call ANYTHING good) is that I have been going through my unfinished projects and getting them done.

I had the top pieced way back when, but no border, backing or binding.
Searching through my stash I found some black fabric for the border and a large piece of green for the backing.

Since this is just a small lap quilt (33" x 43") I decided to try the self-binding method of  bringing the backing around to the front to make a mock binding. 


I will say, it was really easy and came out nicely.
I will definitely use that method again on smaller quilts or wall hangings. 


I did a easy stitch in the ditch and straight around each block to quilt it.

 
Here's a close up of the blocks.


Very bright and cheery.

I also wanted to thank Deb who commented back in April asking about this quilt. 
I think that comment gave me a little push to start blogging again.
😊
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
See ya next time.



4 comments:

Debbie F said...

Wonderful to see you back :-)

FlyAwayHome said...

Why, thank you, Debbie F

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Lucy! So nice of you to comment on my quilts. I am getting more into blogging again also with the recent circumstances. Things have slowed down enough. I think many of us have very old projects still to work on. You do lovely work! Congrats on the big finish!

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you Jacqueline.