Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hello Everyone

It's been quite sometime since my last post.
Honestly, I just haven't been in the blogging mood.
Don't know why.
I'm still sewing and crafting and have plenty of things to share.

Rather than buying more fabric I have been trying to lighten my stash pile. 
Do you ever go through your stash and wonder what in the world you were thinking when you bought that piece of fabric?

Here's one of mine.
I literally haven't a clue what I was thinking.


Super ugly....
Anyhow, I thought maybe if I cut it up into smaller pieces I could hid the ugly.
Again, not really sure what I was thinking.

I found this free Floating Star pattern  on Jordan Fabrics and thought I would give it a try.

It's very similar to the No Point Star from Cluck Cluck Sew I did here.

Jordan Fabrics made a wall hanging using the Floating Star pattern.
 I decided just to use the Floating Star and make a table runner.


I will say, cutting it up didn't help a whole lot to make it any less ugly.
It's a bit busy.


Rather than using it as a table runner I decided to hang it on my antique wooden ladder for decoration.

I have yards of the red and white star fabric leftover and made the little quilt as you go flag wall hanging following a You-Tube video by Fat Quarter Shop.
It was a super quick afternoon project.

Hope everyone is staying safe at home.
See ya soon.

2 comments:

pbrenner said...

It's wonderful to see you post again, I always enjoy seeing your projects! I think the runner/hanging looks nice, even with the 'busy' fabric. The problem with my stash is I have too many 'busy' fabrics and not enough quiet ones, so when I go to put things together they never look right, ugh. But then I get to buy more fabric :-)

Hope all is well and you share more with us soon!

FlyAwayHome said...

Thank you so much pbrenner. I was wondering if anyone still visited my little blog. It's been so long. I get the busy fabric thing. Got too many myself. I just ordered 4 yards of solid white to do a few quilt blocks thinking it may calm some of those busy prints. I hope all is well with you and your family during these trying times. Thanks again for visiting and commenting.