Friday, August 21, 2020

Am I the only crazy person?

 I have tried Google, YouTube, Instagram, Bing, Pinterest, and many other ways to find ANYONE who has made or is working on the Patio Picnic Pattern from the July 2020 Sew Sampler Box.

I have searched for Patio Picnic quilt pattern, Sew Sampler Patio Picnic, July 2020 Patio Picnic, Fat Quarter Shop Patio Picnic, and many other combos of the Patio Picnic Pattern.

Nothing.

I thought maybe I could find someone who could offer a few tips or suggestions.

At the very least, I thought maybe there was someone out there having the very same issues and I would then realize - I'm not alone. 

Nope.

I think I'm alone.

Even though this darn thing is a mess, I am not giving up.

I love the colors and the pattern is really cute, but there are just too many tiny little pieces to match up.

If you are even a 16th of an inch off on one piece it throws EVERYTHING off.

Right now, I don't have enough matching fabric in my stash for the backing or the binding to complete it. My plan is to at least finish piecing the top so that when I do find fabric for the back and binding the top will be ready to quilt and bind. 


The Post Office tracking says I should receive my August 2020 Sew Sampler Box tomorrow.

WhooHoo!

2 comments:

Bitohoneygirl said...

You can do it! And it's going to be beautiful! (Go ahead and make everything a 16th off and it will be a Patio Picnic Crazy Quilt - just for fun). :)

FlyAwayHome said...

Thanks Bitohoneygirl. I love the Patio Picnic CRAZY quilt idea :)