Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!


It's a new year and I need a new start.
 
I have been trying to grow my photography skills since purchasing my DSLR camera, but for some reason, I can't seem to stay focused (no pun intended).
 
SO.........
 
  I have decided to take on the photo-a-day challenge.
There are options like CY365, monthly photo themes, 52 weeks etc.
The idea is to take a picture a day to document your life or take a photo with a particular theme for that day. I'm hoping this will expand my creativity, inspire me to try new techniques, and make me a better photographer in the process.
 
You've heard the quote "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" -  Henri-Cartier Bresson.
 I'm thinking I'm about 9,897 behind, so......practice, practice, practice.
 
A photo a day sounds like a huge undertaking, doesn't it?
Does to me too, but since it's MY project, I am not gonna stress over it.
 
If I miss a day.... it's MY project.
If my photos are less than perfect.... it's MY project.

I am sure as I document my days, there will be the mundane photos (a pile of dirty laundry), photos without perfect focus or lighting, even just a quick snapshot from my phone and so on, but it's a learning process and I intend on having fun along the way.

Yep, that's me. Hangin' out in the bathroom mirror.

I promise I won't bore you with my daily photos of laundry, dishes, and what I wore that day. I may however, on occasion, toss in a photo (or two) asking for a little advice from some of you who actually know what your doing :)

Of course, I will still be posting sewing projects as usual.


Along with helping to improve your photography skills, the photo-a-day project is meant to record your life... who you are, where you are and how much you and things change over time.

How do you record the everyday in your life?

I plan on putting together a weekly digital photo journal to document mine.

Wishing everyone a safe, healthy and happy New Year!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

*wow*! Great project and focus!! I look forward to following this adventure :-)