Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's all about the pumpkins...


These little pumpkins were really fun to make.

Doesn't take much to make them; all you need is just a few fabric scraps and fusible Peltex.


I love the little frayed edges.


All I did was iron my fabric onto fusible Peltex. 
I then drew and cut out the pumpkin, leaves and stem.
Once they were all cut out, I sewed a few stitches to define the pumpkin, the stem and the veins on the leaves. No embroidery machine necessary.
I then layered the pieces and used a button to "tie" it all together.

Side view...

 

You can see from the back view, it looks a little messy.


Not to worry.....


No one will ever see the back!

Linking today to:

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are adorable! You really make me want to sew again, even if it's just the little things! I was always THE 'messiest' sewer! Love your new header on your blog, too! I have checked out just about every post you have, and they are all fantastic! Have a great day!

FlyAwayHome said...

Ahhhh... aren't you sweet Lisa

Misty said...

Cute, cute pumpkins! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Tracie said...

Cute! I love the framed look!

Amy Kinser said...

Very cute and creative!

Just Jana said...

This is too cute! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...