Friday, July 13, 2012

Novelty fabric


Do you have novelty fabric you purchased years ago and have no idea why or even what you were going to use it for?
Why not dig it out and put your thinking cap on?
I was going through my scraps looking for something I could use for the applique on my grandbabies July 4th outfits and came across this piece.


Recognize the stars and stripes at the bottom of the fabric?
It's the fabric I used to applique the sand pail.


While still pondering over this fabric (and before removing my thinking cap) I came up with another idea for using a bit of this fabric.


A new dishtowel!

I used a small piece of the blue and white check for the applique bird and a long strip of the same for the boarder.
The ruffle was made from a separate piece of fabric from my stash.


Isn't it "tweet"?


Linking today to:
http://thecreativeitchboutique.blogspot.com/






1 comment:

Debbie said...

Nice! Everything has a purpose!!!