Wednesday, July 18, 2012

iPad sleeve


Mr. Fisherman gave me an iPad for Valentine's Day this year and even though it came with a protective cover for the screen, I wanted something to protect the back also. You see, it has become my new "can't leave home without it" item along with my cellphone. Seriously, I use it for EVERYTHING and would drive back home if I forgot it - along with my cellphone.
I sometimes wonder how in the heck we left the house before cellphones and iPads....

The back of my iPad was getting a bit scratched from carrying it in my purse so I was in need of a cute iPad sleeve and found this pattern:

IPAD SLEEVE
by Pattern Patti

I can't say enough about this pattern.
The instructions and illustrations were extremely easy to follow; easy enough for a beginner.
Let's face it, an iPad sleeve would be such an easy thing to make without a pattern, but
 Pattern Patti made it so simple. I didn't need to measure anything myself. Pattern Patti had all the measurements done for me and it fit PERFECTLY!
Here's my version:
The possibilities are endless to personalize this pattern.
This iPad sleeve pattern was so fast and easy to make it would be the perfect personalized gift to make for anyone owning an iPad.
Time to think ahead - Christmas is right around the corner!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I so LOVE the fabric! Such soothing colors...and the cover is as handy as a pocket on a shirt - can't imagine NOT having a cover (the tablet wouldn't last a week in my purse) ;o

Anonymous said...

Lucy, Thanks so much for the review. I'm glad you like the pattern and your sleeve turned out so nice. You have such a lovely blog. I'm so glad you commented so I could find you. Would you ever be interested in being a pattern tester for me? I'm working on a couple more iPad sleeves.

dpeele said...

Love this!

Ashley said...

Love how yours turned out! So fun! :)

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Looks great. Good to know about the pattern when I get my own iPad. :)

Angie said...

Perfect for protecting the ipad -- great job!

Grandma G said...

I agree with you about the iPad! Mine is with me everywhere, too. I love your sleeve... such attractive fabrics!

Emily @ The Benson Street said...

Love the embroidered letters! So cute and fun for an ipad sleeve!