Monday, September 23, 2013

Working with Gloria...

 
Occasionally I pop into one of our local thrift stores to see what I can find.
While I know Gloria Vanderbilt is not necessarily a high end designer, most of her blouses still run somewhere between $25 to $40.
I paid $2.95 for a perfectly good Gloria Vanderbilt blouse at my local thrift store.
 
 
In fact, I bought three "slightly used" blouses for $9.76 total.
 
Take a look at my white button up before.
 
 
Nice blouse, but I feel like Gloria could have done better, so I got to work...
 
Adding a lace ruffle...
 
 
Don't you love that cuff?
 
I also thought the collar could use a bit of dressing up...
 
 
 I bought this blouse for the cuffs and these sparkly buttons.
Aren't they pretty?
 
 
So.... whatcha think?
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Monday!
 
 
Linking today to:

4 comments:

Debbie said...

LOVE IT! ...with a touch... (love that too!) :)

Trudy said...

I totally love what you've done with this shirt! I may have to give this a try.

The Ruffled Stitch said...

Hey I love what you did with this shirt! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think I need to do simpler things like this rather than a whole outfit right now!! (: Thanks for the encouragement!
Darcy @ The Ruffled Stitch

Terri said...

Amazing...you turned a very ordinary shirt into a very "chic" blouse...love the personalized label too!!