Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baby Overload


What's Baby Overload, you might ask???

It's when you have three nieces pregnant at the same time, all due in the same month - April.
Two of my nieces are having boys and the third, a girl.
My niece, Sara, is already sending me ideas of what she wants me to make for little
 Braelynn Danielle.
  One of the first things she requested was a minky blanket with Braelynn's name appliqued on it.
Sara has chosen to decorate Braelynn's room in zebra and pink.
Staying with that black, white and pink theme, I chose fabrics for her minky blanket.




I am using white minky for the front and pink and white polka dot flannel for the back.
This is my first time sewing with minky.
So far, I am realizing minky is a bit of a challenge to work with.
 Because minky is so soft and so stretchy, it took me FOREVER to "square it up".
Wish me luck!





2 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, Congratulations to all! Love the name Sara has chosen. Yes, minky can be quite a pain. Every tutorial I have ever seen where someone uses minky, I always see this: PIN, pin, pin, and then pin some more! Good luck :)

Debbie said...

Best of luck! Oh my heavens - babies!! But of course am lovin' the *pink*