Monday, January 21, 2013

Goodbye Friday's Favorites.

 
You may (or may not) have noticed I neglected to write a Friday's Favorites post last week.

There's a reason.
Plain and simple - I am bored with it.
Since I don't do bored well, I am saying "Goodbye".
 
Now, having said that....
I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to wrap a gift for a sewing friend.

Remember my Colorful gingham check post?

We attended Dallas's 13th birthday bash Saturday night and what a bash it was!
DJ, dancing, bonfire, BBQ, lots of gifts and this adorable cake.


Since Dallas received her first sewing machine for Christmas I decided to theme her gift around sewing.

My sewing machine caddy is one of the most useful things in my sewing room.
With that in mind, I went to work to making Dallas her own sewing machine caddy.

Dallas loves bright, cheerful colors so I chose a fabric I thought might appeal to her.

 
I filled the pockets with a few useful notions - tape measure, marking pencil, ribbons, small scissors, pin cushion and an elastic threader.
 
I  wrapped her gift in fabric, tied it with grosgrain ribbon and added my homemade button tag.




 Hoping she will recycle her "wrapping paper" and ribbon, I also included a tutorial for sewing a drawstring bag.



4 comments:

Terri said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me...just when I think you can't come up with anything cuter, you prove me wrong! This is adorable and how useful is this?! I am always rummaging around for my go-to tools and you have made them so easy to find! LOVE this idea!

Now...I must say that I am very disappointed that you are dropping your Friday Favorites...I always look forward to seeing your latest gadgets :-( Maybe you will still share one occasionally...I sure hope so, you know what a gadget freak I am!

Debbie said...

I agree Terri - she never ceases to AMAZE!

This is such a beautiful idea :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! In fact, next time we sew over the miles let's make me one *wink*

Jenny Lynn said...

This is such a great idea! When I am sewing I would know right where my little clippers were.

Stella Nemeth said...

That is a pretty wonderful idea for a new sewer of any age. Love the button tag.