Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kitchen wall decor

 
I have never been accused of being a minimalist.
 A bare wall drives me crazy...literally.
 
 I recently moved a cottage sign I had hanging above my stove to another area in the house.
 Even though I have very little room between my stove top and range hood - the bare space was making me nuts.  It measures 30" wide by 11 1/2" high so I didn't have a lot of height to work with.
 
I was strolling through Michael's one day and found this frame in the clearance bin.
 
 
It was marked down from $24.99 to $5.00 and measured 18" X 10 1/2".

I couldn't beat the price and figured if I didn't like it above the stove, I could certainly find a place for it elsewhere.
I got to work using a few designs I purchased in the past from Embroidery Library.
 
 
Here's what I ended up with.
 
 
Even though I like it, it's not really what I wanted for the space, but (to keep my sanity) it will have to do for now...
 
Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Never underestimate the power of sanity! I think it's perfect for the kitchen!