Saturday, July 6, 2013

Quick Southern-style baked beans

 
If you're in need of a side dish for your next BBQ these would be perfect - recipe serves up to 18 people.
 

 I found the recipe here on The Pioneer Women.
I only made one change.
The recipe calls for regular ol' pork 'n beans.
Not wanting to make a trip to the store, I used what I had on hand.
 I used 1 can of Bush's Vegetarian and 2 cans of Homestyle baked beans.

 
 I'm not sure about "the best EVER", but they were pretty darn good.
(I will definitely make them again.)
 
I made these Quick Southern-style baked beans for our 4th of July get together with the family.
There were only seven of us so I had plenty of leftovers for dinner last night.
In fact, we had a little of everything leftover.
BBQ ribs, homemade macaroni and cheese, baked beans and deviled eggs.
 
Sure beats Friday night pizza!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yay! We are having a family get together today - I'm going to try your recipe! And yes - it sure beats pizza :) Thanks for sharing!!